The senior position of Test Lead manages and delivers technical testing solutions to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in technology and execute their testing processes using the latest proven methodologies. Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, these consultants will work with our partners to assist customers in:
• The delivery of high-quality test engagements around Microsoft’s solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments.
• Testing and Stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments.
• The design and development of integrated test plans and methods using the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
• Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications as it applies to the test and implementation of the developed solution.
• Planning and executing on testing needs for all sizes of engagements. This position will work closely with Microsoft relationship owners and customer development/test teams to understand unique customer issues, plan all testing phases for the development lifecycle, create all necessary documentation, design, create, and manage new test cases/automation, and knowledge transfer to customers and the larger Microsoft consulting community on testing best practices and developing methodology documentation.
• Lead testing projects including developing test plans for all phases, lead and manage test activities, root cause analysis, defect management, test automation development coordination, troubleshooting, communicating project status to management via written status reports and presentations, working with other teams (management, development, configuration, production support) to plan and coordinate test efforts and schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Testing Processes and Methodologies, Analytical Problem Solving, Building Customer/Partner Relationships and Confidence, Cross-Boundary Collaboration, Impact and Influence Interpersonal Awareness, Product & Technology Expertise, dealing with and resolving ambiguity.
• Ability to travel to client locations
• Experience planning and leading test teams and testing efforts for various sized application development projects
• Experience in driving cross functional teams and understanding program/project management
• Understanding of Test and Quality Assurance involvement in the full product lifecycle
• Code Coverage test and Test Optimization design experience
• Functional & non-functional testing experience
• Experience with system/customer requirements gathering and interfacing
• Failure analysis, root cause analysis, and solution remediation
• Test scenario/case design, development and review experience (from business requirements)
• Test automation experience with Selenium, JMeter, or similar tools and custom test harnesses to drive end user workflows and performance.
• Assist in maintaining automated regression suites, running tests, and triaging failures.
• Test execution, analysis, and reporting experience for manual and automated testing
• Application troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Azure or other 3rd party cloud testing experience, MS SQL Server, SQL, data manipulation, and tuning
• Experience using ALM/SDLC methodologies, including Agile, Iterative and Waterfall.
• Experience using Azure DevOps (ADO) in specific with Azure Test Plans
• Research new tools, technologies, and methods to determine which solution best meets the project requirements
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Be the champion of quality, find product defects before customers do and participate in cross-functional debugs and troubleshooting sessions
• Experience in defect management
• Understanding of Windows Infrastructure setup and configuration experience (AD, Domains, Security)
• Security and globalization testing experience
• Networking configuration, troubleshooting
Training and Certifications:
• Must have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5+ years related IT Test experience.
• Work experience must include test development and management, test leadership, defect management, test automation, and deployment/release coordination
• Must have a proven record of delivering products on time and on budget.
• Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Role Specific Characteristics May Include:
• Candidates must have the background to provide leadership in testing and demonstrated effectiveness delivering quality products.
• Candidates must have depth knowledge of testing and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting development, test, and release.