Princetonits Princeton IT Services, Inc.
Technology that Works!
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Job Length: 12 Months contract with possible extension
Position Type: W2
- The Administrator will be responsible for the administration of Nutrisystem ecommerce environment including the design, installation, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and its support.
- Candidates should be proactive, motivated, organized, extremely flexible, and work well within fast-paced groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management. In the event of absence, duties for this position will be overseen by the position to which it reports.
- Apache Web Server configuration, administration and management
- Installing, configuring and supporting Apache environment on Red Hat Enterprise Linux platforms
- Optimization and tuning of various middleware components including different JVM options and understanding of how the Linux kernel will react to memory tuning
- Experience in advanced Apache web server administration, configurations and load balancing setups is required
- Experience with Jboss Application Server desired
- Strong Linux shell scripting and troubleshooting experience is a must
- Strong experience with Perl scripting
- Perform release management activities as required
- Solid understanding of SAN, network protocols such as TCP/IP and HTTP/S
- Solid understanding of J2EE architecture is required
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, support and Capacity Planning is required
- Will be required to perform on call duties on a rotational basis. May also be needed as a SME during critical implementations or for outage support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field
- 7+ years of experience
- 5+ years of relevant Apache Webserver experience
- Strong experience on J2EE
- The candidate will be working on Release Management so prior experience is preferred
- As it involves release management they want Mid to Senior level candidate
- Experience with Linux, shell and perl scripting
- Exposure to networking and database technologies
- Experience working in an ATG, Oracle Web Commerce environment (optional, but a definite plus)
- Some experience of JBOSS is good to have
- Knowledge of relational database concepts especially Oracle and SQL Server is a definite plus
- Willingness to learn new skills and new knowledge
- Ability to follow established technical standards
Keywords: Apache Webserver Administration, jBOSS Appserver administration, Apache Advanced Configuration, MOD_JK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com