princetonits Princeton IT Services, Inc.
Technology that Works!
We are looking for a Senior Linux Design Consultant for one of our clients in Philadelphia, PA. Please find the job details below,
Position: Senior Linux Design Consultant
Location: Philadelphia PA
Job Length: 6 months
Position Type: Contract
Job Requirement and Specifications:
- Strong experience with Design and Implementation, extensive experience with Linux (Redhat) – the environment is using 7.x and some 6.x
- Prior work experience replacing existing HP DL class standalone servers in the field over 4 Production DCs, and implementing highly available pairs of new HP Synergy blade enclosures at each site. These blades will use HP 3PAR SAN storage.
- Experience with virtualization background like VMware. The new infrastructure will incorporate virtualization, which is Redhat RHEV.
- HP 3PAR storage is a bonus, but must be well versed in Linux host end storage provisioning of any SAN based storage (EMC etc if not HP). Some specifics on this that will be a bonus are – configuration of Linux multipathing, configuration of Linux fcoe (fibre channel over ethernet)
- Knowledge/experience of automation, ideally Ansible, but others will help such as puppet etc.
- Experience of deployment of Redhat using Kickstart or other tooling.
- Knowledge of blade infrastructures. This is on HP Synergy – any blade infra will be good for knowledge of concepts.
- Must be good at documentation for providing ‘methods of procedure’
- Good communicator! Working with QA and Production teams. Able to fix issues fast when found on QA test cycles.
- Knowledge of High availability and DR concepts.
- Knowledge of SIP voip technologies a bonus.
- Experience with use of git for version control of configuration files
Key Skills: Linux (Redhat), VMware, HP 3PAR Storage
Princeton IT Services
212-507-9352 Ext:401 | www.princetonits.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com