Princeton IT Services is hosting NJ Hadoop meetup on Aug 26th. The following is the topic for this upcoming meetup:
In this talk, Eugene Dvorkin (@edvorkin) , Architect @WebMD and NYC Storm User Group organizer will present Apache Storm framework:
1) Why use Apache Storm?
2) Common use cases
3) Storm Architecture – Components, concepts, topology
4) Building simple Storm topology with Java and Groovy
5) Operation- fault tolerance, guaranteed msg delivery
6) Running and monitoring Storm in production
7) Trident – high-level abstraction on top of Storm
Speaker: Eugene Dvorkin
Eugene has more than 20 years of industry experience. He is Architect at WebMD, where he is leading efforts in creating scalable, Big Data solutions.He introduced Storm to WebMD technology stack and developed WebMD’s Storm topology to power Medscape Medpulse mobile application which allow medical professionals to follow important medical trends with Medscape’s curated Today on Twitter feed and selection of blogs. He also contribute to many other Storm related projects. Outside of Storm his interests include distributed computing, machine learning, Hadoop ecosystem.