Meetup Date: 10/7/2014 at 7.00 PM
Apache Ambari project is aimed at making Hadoop management simpler for provisioning, managing, and monitoring Apache Hadoop clusters.
Apache Slider project is a YARN application used to deploy existing distributed applications on YARN to manage and monitor applications at run time.
1) Apache Slider (45 – 60 min)
- Hadoop 2.0 YARN Technical overview
- Apache Slider Product Tech Overview
- Demo using slider to deploy a non YARN app
2) Apache Ambari (30 – 45 min)
- Apache Ambari Product Technical overview
- Drill down on Blueprints and Ambari Views
- Demo of Blueprints and Ambari Views
SPEAKERS – Hortonworks
Erik Bergenholtz, Director Engineering
Jonathan Maron, Senior Member of Technical Staff